In 1960, various constituent regions agreed to form a Nigeria STRICTLY on the following basis:
- There shall be regional governments
- Each region shall control her resources and contribute 25% to the centre
- Each region shall be equal
- The Central Government shall be an agreement of all the regions
- There shall be regional constitutions
- The system of government at the center and the regions shall be parliamentary.
These agreements, among others were cemented. And the so-called country was birthed.
In 1966, some criminals took over the federal government and changed the very basis of our existence as a country.
By 1967, Mr. Gowon was creating states and destroying the Collective Agreement like the mad man he was; egged-on by the Caliphate masters. In 1976, further states were ''created'. By the 80s and 90s, it had attained an epidemic status whereby criminals were creating and 'recreating' states like it would be out of fashion.
It's 2019 now; and all those criminally-created states are still in "existence"; codified and given legal backing by another criminal document called the 1999 Constitution!
Why ones earth should Nigerians accept the criminal creations, that are a defiance to the Collective Bargaining on which the country was established? Is it not obvious that since the Principle of the Equality of Regions was usurped, we've hardly known peace! Why are we silent on the criminality of those we never elected?
The basis for the existence of Nigeria was on the Agreements reached in 1959 as stated above. If those agreements had not been, there wouldn't have been no Nigeria! But the agreements were breached in 1966; the breach was consolidated in 1967. Worsened by 1979 and a disgrace by 1999. By 2019, it has become an internationally acclaimed tragedy!
In truth, until and unless the original agreements were reenacted and enthroned, Nigeria shall continue to exist as an aberration. As things stand, with absolute disregard for the Collective Agreement of 1960, Nigeria exists as a fraud... And a fraud knows no peace!
They have made all efforts to stop History as a subject so that critical information will be lost for ever. But before that happens, please consider that; Once upon a time before the advent of the treasury looters and power drunk vultures. We had
- In 1950 in Lagos Olorunimbe was the first Mayor with Mazi Mbonu Ojike as his deputy.
- In 1952 a man from Ogwashi Ukwu, by the name of Chief Chike Ekwuyasi represented Benin West in the Western House of Assembly.
- In 1956 there was a country... whose first Mayor in a place called Enugu was a Fulani man by the name of Mallam Umaru Altine. He was not appointed but elected twice as Mayor.
- In 1957 there was a country which has a city called Kano, one Felix Okonkwo, as a special member of the Northern House of Chiefs.
- In 1959 there was a country where when its Eastern House of Chiefs was constituted and a man named Mallam Umaru Yushau, the Sarkin Hausawa or Chief of the Hausas in Onitsha, was elected a member of the Eastern House of Chiefs.
- In 1961, the people of Aba voted Margret Ekpo to represent them and Abakaliki voted Chief Eyo Bassey (father of AK APC Pub. Sec) both non-Igbos into parliament.
- Alh.. Ibrahim Abubakar Imam from Maiduguri represented Tiv land Gboko in the house of representatives.
- There was a country which has a place called Port Harcourt. The people of Port Harcourt elected a man called Chief John Umolu (from Etsako in today's Edo State) to represent its municipality in the Eastern Region House of Assembly.
- Before all these, Obafemi Awolowo led the campaign for Ernest Ikoli, an Ijaw man who defeated Chief Akinsanya in an election in Lagos. Nnamdi Azikiwe led the NCNC to a clean sweep of legislative seats in Lagos.
- A Ghanaian Barrister practicing on Calabar called Atta Munu represented his town of residence in the first legislature in this country elected by universal adult suffrage.
To the young people who have always imagined that Nigeria has always been a jungle where lawlessness and tribalism reign, ...this was the way it really was and the way we were.
Merit, character and patriotism held sway and the country kept pace with the world.
That was our Great Country Nigeria before the vultures took over...
This happened when sane minds were in charge!